Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Traditions

I just love a wreath on a door. It's just so welcoming. I think I'll have to find one for spring as the door is going to look a little naked without it.


The girls did a great job decorating the tree. It was a little bare around the top, but I filled in with a few of Josh and I's childhood ornaments. That's always so fun pulling them out of the box, remembering when they were made or who gave them to us. I love giving and receiving ornaments. Each year I try to get the kids one that reflect something they enjoy doing or are involved in at the time. This year the girls will get ballerina ones. Shh, don't tell. J's getting sports ones. He's not into sports yet, but I couldn't pass them up. They are really neat.


My girlfriends and I got together on the 10th to celebrate a birthday and have a cookie exchange. I made my favorite Monster cookies; these were Christmas themed of course.


Making, baking and decorating sugar cookies was a holiday tradition for me growing up, and I love being able to do it with my own kiddos.







This was my second attempt at a chocolate cake roll. I always thought they looked so festive. This one was much more successful as I used a recipe for a sponge cake, which is the key to getting it to roll nicely.

No comments: