Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decorating the tree

Last Sunday, Nov. 28 we started decorating for Christmas. I have to admit, I finally just finished this morning. We did a little bit at a time, so it wasn't really overwhelming, but it wasn't fun having all the boxes out for more than a week! I don't know what it is, but I just wasn't too motivated to decorate. I love my decorations, and the ones I don't, I decided not to use and will donate so they can bless someone else. I love this time of year; it just seems the decorations and everything can be so overwhelming and I don't want it to be all about the "extra" stuff. My kids LOVE to decorate though and the girls were in charge of the tree. In fact, when the two of them put all their ornaments up they covered almost the whole thing, except for the top where they couldn't reach. Ha! It stayed like that for a few days. I finished the top with a few of mine and a few of Josh's. We put all his Bronco ornaments on the mini Bronco tree downstairs. Emma helped me do that this morning for a little mommy and me time before Little J woke up. We also put a few K-State ones on a mini table top tree I let the girls have. So, we're spreading the purple and blue/orange love around our home, along with the traditional red and green. This year Jayten is big enough he wants to help too. I do love watching my kids work together and get so excited about what they are doing. And MJ gave Emma the honor of putting the star on top this year. She said it was Emma's turn. So sweet!









No comments: