Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Tree Lighting




The kids were thrilled to get to play at the park with all the snow. They thought it was so fun to slide down into the big drifts everywhere. We listened and sang carols then watched them light the tree. After that we headed indoors where it was much warmer.




Both the girls were happy to meet Santa. I was curious what they would say they wanted. They haven't asked for anything for Christmas this year. I take that back. Mackenzie asked for hugs. So, either it's going to be a cheap Christmas for us or she thinks she's not getting enough hugs from mom and dad. There goes the Mommy Guilt again. Anyway, Emma hopped up there first and told Santa she wanted a teddy bear. What? Really? That should be easy enough. And come to think of it, she doesn't have a teddy bear at all. Mackenzie was next and she asked for a Barbie. Hum?! Another surprise. She has quite a few already, but I guess she would like another. Okay. Finally little J. I really had no intention of even trying to get him up there. We try not to make Santa a big deal in our house anyway, so I was not going to traumatize the boy with making him sit on his lap. He usually smiles and waves at strangers, but only from the comfort of mom's arms. So, when he marched right up there and stood with the jolly old man, I thought, "Wow!" But, if you look closely, it wasn't really the beard and the belly that intrigued our little guy. Nope. He's a smart one. He saw that Santa was handing out CANDY to his big sisters and he wanted some too! It really was quite cute and he stood there long enough I was able to snap a photo.

No comments: