Saturday, December 4, 2010

Behind again

Yes, I'm behind at posting again. Please forgive me. :0)

MJ-She was selected as "Student of the Week" in November and got to eat a pizza lunch with the principal. That was a highlight for her. She has also earned 40 AR points and continues to receive recognition for her reading. She is drawing and starting to spell a lot. She just loves school and was totally bummed when we had our first snow day this week.

Emma-She is also enjoying school. She's been playing house and Barbie's a lot lately. She loves to help around the house, and especially if I've ask MJ to do something first. She loves to dance, sing, draw and play playdough.

Jayten-Such a busy boy-always smiling. Such a sweetheart. Learning more and more every day. He points to his body parts, loves to get bread and peanut butter out of the cabinet for a snack, loves to eat anything really. He loves to play with the barn, horses and cows, push trucks around, but can also be found with a baby and blanket. (That's what you get when you have two older sisters.)

I attended our annual cattle convention for three days in November for work. Josh and the kids stayed here. They seem to do just fine without me, so that was good. We had Katrina and family out for Thanksgiving dinner, then went up to Mark and Carla's later that night to see all of them. That Friday, we also went up to M&C's to watch the BSU game. Last Saturday, Josh and I helped Jared and Stephanie move. It was nice to get some time to visit with them even though we were working at the same time. I've been busy finishing the last of my photography sessions for the year. Will be taking a break until 2011, as I have three publications coming out in the next couple months.

We've decorated the house for Christmas and will begin making goodies soon. We received a ton of snow this week. They canceled school on Wednesday. We had one day of rain, but have at least 12 inches still in the yard and it snowed more today. The girls and I went out to play in it today. Tonight we went to the local tree lighting, saw Santa, had cocoa and cookies, rode in a fire truck, played at the park in the snow and listened to some big band music.

This season always seems to fly by, so I cherish the time we stop the busyness and just enjoy the little things.

No comments: