Saturday, June 12, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We had such a nice Memorial Weekend. That Friday, the girls and I did home manicures and pedicures to get them ready for their big dance recital. It was so fun doing girly stuff that afternoon. That night, I took the kids out to dinner at Winger's for a little end-of-the-school year celebration. Then, the girls performed at their dance recital. There was a great turnout for the event, especially from our family. Joe, Jared, Stephanie, Mya, Nana, Barth, G'pa Tom, G'ma Peggy, Aunt Lollie, G'ma Susie, G'pa Gayle, Austin and Isabella, Mark, Carla, Mich, Matt and us five were there. Thanks to everyone who came to support the girls! Afterwards, we stopped by M&C's house to drop off the girls so they could stay the night with the kids. We ended up staying for pizza and visiting. I don't think we got home until 11:30, but it was fun just hanging out. Saturday night, Josh and I went out to dinner for a Boise Valley Angus Club meeting. We went to a really great steakhouse in Eagle. The girls stayed with Uncle Matt since Austin and Isabella were still over. They had all sorts of fun making a race car out of a cardboard box and playing games. Matt's more like a big kid himself, so he makes a very fun babysitter. Jayten went to Nana's for the evening and she enjoyed the one-on-one time with him. Josh and I needed a date. We enjoyed doing something for just the two of us. After church on Sunday, we all worked in the yard. We had a beautiful weekend after lots of rain. I had had two busy weeks of deadlines, getting the Line Rider finished then also working on the directory for the Idaho Angus Directory. I love the times when I can set the work aside, and just be a wife and mom. We spent Monday outside brushing and riding Zani, hanging out and being a family, feeling very blessed.

No comments: