Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jumping in



Standing among the big boys after the girls' dance recital.

To quote the FLYLady, "I'm not behind, I'm just jumping in where I'm at." So, just a few things Little J is doing now. Have been meaning to post for awhile now.
-He has figured out how to scoot a bench over to the counter and climbs on it. He's able to reach almost everything-including 8 cups of rice crispie cereal waiting to be made into treats (fortunately, I caught that one in time). He can also stand on his tiptoes and reach the cups of water or juice his sisters leave on the table. Haven't caught one of those yet.
-He can say a few words or is at least trying some new ones-daddy, shoes, dog and cat.
-He loves animals, pointing at the cats and the stray dog the ranch has adopted. I say the ranch because he lives down at the compound and gets fed there, but follows the guys around on the Kubota and four-wheeler. He was living on my porch, but that didn't last long. The guys named him Old Jack. He's a nice dog-German Shorthair.
-He LOVES to be outside. It doesn't take long for him to find the dirt, rocks and sticks.
-He likes putting things in and taking them out of bags. He can occupy himself for quite awhile with this game.
-He's totally a monkey, trying to climb up everything-including the top of the toilet tank!
-at his 15 month check-up several weeks ago (ok, maybe I am behind), he weighed 22 lbs. 8 oz. and is 31 3/4 inches long. He seems really tall for our kids. Maybe that's why he can reach things on the counter-even without a bench!
-he is such a happy kid-lots of smiles and laughs.
-I can usually still get him down for two naps, one around 10 a.m. and later about 2. But, we're close to being one nap a day.
-He likes carrying Josh's magazines around and pointing at the cows.
-He can throw a ball-and likes throwing just about anything-we're working on that. He loves to hear the noise when things crash to the floor!
-He can shake hands, wave bye-bye, give five and almost has the fist pump down (thanks to his uncles!)
-He known to throw a few tantrums, usually bend backward and dropping to the floor, but I just walk away so it's pretty short lived. He's definitely getting more vocal about his sisters taking things away from him though and is starting to fight back.



He can climb up on the rocking horse and ride it all by himself.

No comments: