Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Uncle Ryan's visit




My brother came to visit the last weekend of March. It was the first time he has been able to make it out here. We were so glad he could make it work as he's getting into his busy season. His flight ended up being late out of G.C. and we didn't think he'd make it until Saturday around noon. But, I actually picked him up at 1:45 a.m. Sat. We were both able to get some shut-eye before he was awakened by two crazy little girls clamoring to see their Uncle. He even made them breakfast and let J and I sleep in some more.

Saturday was a beautiful day so we worked out in the yard-yes, I put everyone to work who comes to visit-Mom, Dad, etc. LOL! But, I worked too. We burned all the tumble weeds caught in the fences and sprayed the rest. Unfortunately the rest of the weekend's weather wasn't so great. We were planning a trip to the zoo on Monday, but it ended up raining. We went to church on Palm Sunday, then just hung around the house. Ryan played a game of checkers with the kids. The girls even had him doing Twister at 8:30 in the morning on Monday. He was so great with all the kids-reading to them, playing around, whatever they wanted. Monday evening, we had dinner at Jared and Stephanie's and Stephanie's sister joined us. We played Taboo, and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. It was a great evening. Ry stayed in Boise that night then flew back early the next day. Thanks again for coming bro! We love and miss you. More pics can be seen here.

No comments: