Monday, March 16, 2009

Where have we been?

The short version-lots of appointments, but things are good.

The long version-keep reading to get all the details of the past week

Oh, how I've missed my blogging! It seems every week is busy, but last week was insane! We were home on Monday, trying to get things done around the house, but everything took much longer than planned. Jared and Stephanie came out for dinner, which was really nice as we hadn't seen them in awhile. It was so good to catch up. Then the chaos began! 

Tuesday morning we took MJ to preschool then went to the elementary school for Emma's transition meeting. We met the speech therapist for the school district (who happened to go to school with Emma's present therapist and also attends our church-small world). We also met the preschool teachers and discussed Emma's therapy. Her ST would do another evaluation and she would have a complete developmental eval to determine if she qualified to attend preschool through the school district. Then, we set up another meeting for April to finalize goals/plans. We went into the classroom and discussed their format. The program is very language rich and I think she will benefit greatly from attending. After that meeting E, J and I headed to Boise to see a pediatric eye doctor. A few weeks ago I noticed a light colored spot in Jayten's pupil. The pediatrician looked at it and made a referral as she wasn't quite sure what it was. Fortunately, it looks as if it's a fibrous membrane from the iris and is nothing serious. Not a cataract as was first expected. We go back in six months for another check. She said he seems to be tracking normally and responded to the tests she did. At some point it could affect his vision and cause a lazy eye, but that condition is treatable. We are thankful it is nothing more serious. MJ was able to have a playdate with a friend after school, so she enjoyed that.

Wednesday morning we ran MJ to school, then came back home briefly. We picked her up and headed to hair appointments for all us girls. Then, we went to Walmart for dry goods, then to ballet for dance class photos. 

Thursday morning started off with dentist appointments for MJ and I. Emma even jumped up on the chair to get her teeth counted. We have another cleaning in six months, so hopefully she'll let the dentist look at her teeth more. Her cleanings will start next year. Emma had her speech session that afternoon as we had to reschedule it from Tuesday. Her therapist did her final speech eval that day. She scored in the average range for receptive speech and below average for expressive and articulation, therefore qualifying for continued speech services. This wasn't a surprise. We expected her to continue needing therapy, but are very proud of the strides she's made. Lately, we hearing more pronounced sounds including t, f and k. She's also adding some phrasing like "can't reach, I'll wait and Jayten's awake."

On Friday morning, I had a computer guy out to update some hardware so that ate up about two hours of time. That evening, the five of us headed to Nampa. Emma got to spend the weekend with her Nana. Josh and MJ ran into a couple stores while Jayten and I stayed in the van. Then, we all went into Target then made a stop at Sonic for some dinner. MJ really appreciated the one-on-one time with us. 

Saturday morning MJ and I played Chutes and Ladders and colored pictures. Again, she appreciated not having to compete for attention for awhile. In the afternoon I had a photo shoot, so she stayed with Josh. They got to check the cows and play a new Wii game-Nascar Kart Race. Lots of fun! 

On Sunday, MJ, J and I headed to church. I've still yet to make it there with all three of them by myself, but we'll get there! After lunch, us three loaded up again to go to a friend's open house. It was a nice afternoon. MJ and I both got time with our friends. Then, we met Katrina and picked up Emma. She had a great weekend. They went shopping and to church on Sunday. Emma remembered the nursery there and ran right in. She also greeted the Pastor's wife with a hug. I think she came back saying even more words. It's neat to hear about what she did and said while she was away. Her personality really comes out when has that one-on-one time as well.

So, from busy week to busy weekend. No appointments so far this week. Hoping for more time at home and less time in the car. I have a date with the housekeeper-oh yeah, that's me :) and my bookwork computer. I now have less than a month to update the books and get them to the accountant before tax day. Ugh!

I promise the next post will be more fun. It will have some more kiddo updates and photos!

No comments: