Easy Potato Soup
1 bag of shredded hashbrown potatoes
1 can of chicken broth plus 1 cup of water with chicken boullion (or you could use 2 cans broth)
1/2 cup chopped onion
8 oz. fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
Velvetta cheese (this is the real scientific part, I just put in about a 1-inch slice from a large block. I didn't want it to be too cheesy.)
Diced ham (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
I put the frozen hashbrowns and onion in a large pot and added the chicken broth. Once it was heated through, I added the rest of the ingredients and continued to heat and mixed throughly. Added salt and pepper to taste.
Peanut Butter Cake Bars (Can't take credit for this. It's from the Simple & Delicious magazine my mom got for me. And I followed the whole recipe! Quick, easy and yummy. They also made a lot. I had enough batter to put it in a 9X13 and a 8X8 pan, and the brownies were still at least an inch thick.)
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg. chocolate chips
In large bowl, cream butter, PB and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine, flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Add gradually to sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Let cool on rack. Cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen. Depending on how thick you want them, you could also spread them in a jelly-roll (15X18 pan). Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment