Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend recap

On Friday, Josh and I headed over to Boise for dinner out and a stay at a bed and breakfast. We took the girls to their Nana's to stay. It was so nice to have time with just my hubby. We walked around the mall looking at stuff and just being together. We didn't check out until we had to the next day-noon. Then, we spent some more time in Boise before picking up the girls. They enjoyed a fun weekend with Nana too. That evening we headed up to Mark and Carla's for the BSU game. Jared, Stephanie and Joe were also there. It was a nice time with family.

Can't believe it's the middle of October this week! It's going by so fast.  This morning the girls were driving their babies around the house. MJ said she was stopping my the beauty parlor (I was in the bathroom getting ready.) So, she stopped in; Emma of course followed. I asked what I could do for her and she said she'd like her hair and nails done. So, I obliged. She got a ponytail with the ends curled and clip in it. Then, it was a clipping of nails and painting of toenails. Emma got some curls and a barrett, clipped nails and painted toes. They picked out their colors and climbed up on the counter. MJ opted for a bright red, while Emma chose a much more subdued peach color. They were so cute getting dolled up. I have pictures to post. 

Now they are playing dress-up. I can hear Emma going through all the jewelry. She is like MJ's little shadow, yet when MJ is at preschool and Emma's by herself, she's very independent and plays well by herself. She'll go into the playroom and get out baby stuff or kitchen stuff and play. It's neat to see her do her own thing when big sis isn't around. Her favorite word right now is "No." Imagine that. She is two. She says it in different ways, with different inflections in her voice. It's hard not to laugh at her about it. She does say yes to some things, but it's not nearly as often. 

The weather has gotten considerably colder now. It even snowed on us Friday in Boise, but it was really wet so it didn't stick. I hope we stay with fall weather and not get too into winter yet. Not ready for that! Well, enough rambling for now. 

No comments: