Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catching up

Yesterday we went to Bruneau with Josh to visit our friends the Colyers. They were having a heifer sale and dinner. Kyle and Bobby Jean are Emma's godparents and they have a little girl, Piper, who is a couple months older than Emma. It was nice seeing them and some other folks we hadn't talked to in awhile. We always end up staying late because we don't see each other often enough, so it was a very late night, but we're so glad we all went. 

Seems like the week went by fast, but I can't remember what all we did! It was nice to not have a work deadline and focus on more time with the girls and some house stuff. One afternoon MJ and I played restaurant. I wish I could bottle some of her energy and imagination. It would come in handy many days! I finished trimming rose bushes and hedges outside today, so I feel the yard is almost ready for winter. I'd like to get some fertilizer on it soon and cut one more time before it gets too cold. Yesterday we woke up to rain, which was nice for the lawn. I haven't had to water it much lately. Luckily, the weather cleared when we left town. 

Mackenzie had another soccer clinic in the morning. She has gone three times and has one more this fall. She says she's having fun. Last Wednesday, she kept running off the field and back to me, but this time she participated in all the drills and did well. They are just learning all the fundamentals. We'll see if she likes it enough to play in the games next year. Right before they ended the session, they let the kids all go after the ball and try to make a goal. She got right in there and enjoyed running around with the other kids. Some days she seems really timid and not interested; others more aggressive and ready to play. Not too concerned about it. I just want her to try the things she wants and stick with whatever activity she decides to do. 

My friend Jennifer recently posted about things she was thankful for. I thought I'd try that too. It's always nice to stop and remember the good things in life even if we're caught up in the craziness of it all. 

Things I'm thankful for today:

Spending time snuggling with Josh and the girls in bed in the morning.
Watching my children running around the yard laughing and enjoying the fresh air.
Catching up with old friends. 
The smell of a homemade apple pie baking in the oven.
No immediate work deadlines.  



1 comment:

Crystal said...

cute pictures of the girls! sounds like you have been busy!