Thursday, July 24, 2008


The first photo is of Mackenzie saying goodbye to the old house. Last Friday night I got the last of our stuff out and cleaned everything. Mackenzie colored a picture and on Saturday morning we did a final walk-through to say goodbye. I am glad we moved when we did, but it was rather fast and unexpected so the girls had little time to prepare. MJ was a little sad the first night thinking she wasn't going to see her house anymore. She seems good now and is very happy to have her new room.

We enjoyed our first breakfast al fresco last Sunday morning. It was Emma's idea. I got her cereal ready and she pointed outside. We had eaten out there Saturday night for a family BBQ too. It was nice and peaceful. I can tell we're going to enjoy our patio just like enjoyed the deck. 

Mackenzie also got to bring a new kitten home with us from the other house so that has helped. It was one of the barn kitties that was really tame, so she came home with us on Saturday a.m. MJ named her Metallica because she looks like Mark and Carla's cat named Metallica. The kitten has adjusted very well and is becoming friendlier all the time. 

We're still getting settled, but are so happy to be in our new home. Hopefully I'll have more photos soon once I get more stuff put away. 

Summer has gone by so fast, but we still have some warm, fun days to enjoy. We have the county and state fairs coming up plus a day at the water park. The girls are looking forward to all that. 


No comments: