Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Recap

I really should have blogged earlier as I'm forgetting what all we've done, but we've been busy. It seems just a lot of running errands, but the girls do well most of the time so it's nice time spent with them. On Saturday, Stephanie and I went to downtown Boise to look around at all the shops and go out to lunch for her birthday. It was a great day just spending time visiting and doing something we don't ever do. We ate at PF Chang's--so good. It was also great that I didn't buy anything! Not that I'd planned too, but it was a good feeling to know I exhibited some self control and just enjoyed all the browsing we did. Plus, who pays $200 for a pair of jeans? Not me. :) The girls stayed with Katrina and had fun there, as always. 

That night Emma woke up about 2 a.m. with a fever and screaming. Then, she got sick. Josh was a real trooper. He took care of the laundry while I gave her medicine and finally got her back to bed. He even slept in a chair since the sheets were dry yet. It's amazing how losing two hours of sleep in the middle of the night will wipe you out far worse than had  you gone to bed at 2 a.m.! She's had this runny nose for what seems like forever and I thought it was probably allergies so I was going through the whole guilty mom thing wondering if she had in fact gotten an ear infection. Luckily, the fever went down and she was back to happy kid. She still has the runny nose and cough, now MJ has it and despite my taking allergy medicine every day, I am a little down in the weather too. But, the good news is: no ear infections! 


Emma's two-year check-up was yesterday. The doctor was nice enough to check MJ out too. He said they both have allergies-not surprising with my allergy history, but they also have colds right now. Other than that Emma got a good report. Thank God for healthy kids! 

We headed to Walmart-this time not for groceries, but all other items including allergy medicine. It was nice to just browse around and pick up a few items I needed around the house. After the girls were in bed, I headed in to town to visit with friends while Josh watched his basketball game. 
 

No comments: