I've said I wasn't quite as prepared for Emma's second birthday and it's true. I really can't believe my baby is two years old! It seems like the memories of her birth are so clear in my mind as if it just happened yesterday. And I hope they stay there clearly for years to come. It's so cliché to say that time passes so quickly and our children grow up too fast, but it is true. I have tried to remember that and really enjoy each minute. Some days I do better than others. Some days I find myself at the end of the day thinking what did I do and did any of it matter? Other days I can smile when I think back to seeing Mackenzie and Emma put a puzzle together with each other. I think about MJ and how much growing up she's doing right now. She says she wants to be helpful now (not that she hasn't always been), but now she tries to find different ways to help. Emma, too, is growing so much. Tonight when the girls were playing outside she saw Josh had parked the Kubota (similar to a John Deere Gator) next to the house, so she walked out to it, climbed in and pretended she was driving. Too cute, but she'll be able to do that all too soon. These are precious times. Things have been slow with work stuff right now and I've been really thankful. I also have the challenge of trying to spend this extra time the best I can. I have a few more weeks until deadlines start hitting again. Everyone always talks about how busy they are. Me included. Yet, I don't want that. I want to end my day in peace whether it's been a crazy or lazy day. Wishful thinking? I hope not. I guess that peace has to come from above. From knowing that God is with me through my day. I just have to let him in to my life whether I feel it's something special or just cleaning up kid messes.
Lately, I've been checking out some other blogs. I usually find them linked off friends' blogs. It's amazing how God uses people to touch each other's lives. It's neat to see the positive things the Internet can do and how it can bring Christ's love to people across the world. I've been thinking more about that--sharing God's love with people. That is our purpose on this Earth. We each have a different way of carrying it out. I don't normally get so personal or philosophical in my posts, but I just wanted to share with those reading this (mainly family and friends) how much God's love helps me through my days. I have so much to be thankful for. While we've gone through little trials, my life has been quite blessed. And I hope that whatever comes our way, I can look to God and trust he is control. My prayer for you is the same. So, if you are having trials right now, he's with you. If things are going great, he is with you. If you're not quite sure what's going on, he's still with you.
Can you tell I didn't have any pictures of the girls today? Hopefully I'll get more soon and you won't have to read my ramblings. But truly, my heart and my words are sincere. God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment