Mackenzie was so excited for her first day of school, on Thursday (Aug. 26). We have to start getting up earlier now as she gets on the bus at 7:20. She had picked out her outfit the night before, had her usual oatmeal breakfast and was ready to go. After school, I got a play by play from the day. She loved eating lunch at the school. She had nachos. She didn't care for the cheese sauce so she just had chips. But they had refried beans, fruit, carrots and chocolate milk. She used to be such a good eater, but has turned a little picky on me. I was worried that she might not eat the lunch well, but so far so good. Friday was Canadian Bacon pizza-her favorite. Her friend Sharleen from dance road the bus into school with her. She had fun at recess and loves the learning workshops during school. In fact, she was quite sad on Friday when it was the weekend. She said she wanted to learn all weekend too. I told her to find the big notebook of worksheets she used to do, and that seemed to keep her occupied for awhile. Looks like she'll have another great year of school, which we're so thankful for.
Emma starts school on Wednesday and she is excited as well. Josh was gone all weekend to the Oregon State Fair so the kids and I have been playing outside and watching movies. I have also worked on editing and still have to finish my magazine issue.
On an unrelated note, I posted pics on the photo blog from Josh's birthday. I made him a homemade cheesecake. The two of us also went out with Jared and Stephanie that week. We had dinner at Goodwood BBQ. Josh had won a certificate there in a golf tournament he played in earlier this summer. Then, we went out for mini-golf. It was so much fun! We always have a great time double-dating with them. We want to make it a monthly thing. The putt-putt was hysterical too. I kick myself for not taking my camera in because we would have had some priceless photos from the night. But, we'll have the memories. It has also inspired me a little. I think it would be fabulous to do a family portrait session there. I already have the images in my head, so now I just need to find the right family who's up for a fun night playing putt-putt!
Here are just a few pics from MJ's first day...
No comments:
Post a Comment