


Now, the photographer in me, sees everything wrong with them technically. But to the mother in me, they are perfect! I didn’t even edit out the wrinkles or anything. Ha! I did lighten the color a touch and cropped them down just because the background was a little busy and the colors clashed. These photos will probably not be blown up to 20X20 for my wall, but they will be printed out and placed on my desk. They will be enjoyed! A few things I want to share about photos.
1) You should take a photo with each of your children alone. I would have liked one with all of us, but I also love that it was just me and each one of them. You will love having such a personal memory of you with each child-no matter how old they are.
2) PRINT your pictures. I know this sounds like a no brainer, but really just print them. And don’t worry if you don’t have a place to put them just yet (organizing and scrapbooking is great, but that’s a whole other topic). In the digital era, we are all guilty of taking a ton of pictures, but not doing anything with them-me included. Who wants to sit down at a computer screen to look at little Johnny and see how much he’s grown through the years?! I think it is much better to have a pile of prints stuffed in a box or drawer then sitting on a computer. Digital media does get corrupted over time and those files can be lost. Not that I think prints in boxes are great, but at least you have those prints. I'll save my storing and displaying prints discussion for for another day.
3) Enjoy your family, make lots of memories, print those images and share them!
Hope everyone had a very blessed Mother’s Day. I have always said motherhood is the greatest and hardest “job” I will ever have, but it is simple the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment