Saturday, May 15, 2010

Last weekend

Things are going well here. Last weekend was great. We spent time in the morning at the school’s Spring Fair. MJ sang with her class in the morning, then she marched in the parade after lunch. She had a great time. The weather was gorgeous and we had fun seeing friends and family. Later that evening we celebrated Emma’s 4th birthday at the house. We grilled skirt steak marinated in a cilantro honey lime dressing, and I homemade beans. Josh’s Grandpa brought scallops wrapped in bacon to grill also. Those were awesome! I also asked a friend’s MIL to make homemade tortillas and I whipped up some homemade margaritas. Yum! Since E’s birthday was on Cinco de Mayo, we went with that menu theme. She picked out a cake from Walmart. I swore I’d always make the kids’ cakes, but time was not on my side last week. And she just loved it when she saw it and thought it sounded better then Mommy making the strawberry cake she originally asked for. Okay, well then. The girl knows what she wants. She had a great time and we enjoyed seeing everyone.

This weekend E is staying with Nana and MJ went to a dance competition with Grandma Carla and Aunt Michelle. She was very excited and when I talked to her last night was having a great time. She said she really enjoyed seeing all the other performances and the costumes. Josh, Little J and I did some grocery shopping last night then slept in this morning. Ah, that was nice. Today, I’m working on a directory for the Idaho Angus Association, although there was a brief stint to clean up the kitchen and pull some weeds. I get a little distracted. Ha! Tonight is a family photo session with a new client; I’m really excited about it. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

No comments: