
It's crazy to think today we're celebrating E turning four years old! It just is amazing how fast time goes. I still remember it like it was yesterday though. Stay with me as I reminisce. I had had contractions all day of the 4th, but they weren't enough to stop me from running errands, dropping off a publication at the printer and cleaning my house! Then, in the middle of the night my water broke. I wasn't due for another two weeks, so I wasn't even packed yet! Josh and I got around, called Carla to come stay with MJ and then by the time we were ready to leave, the contractions were much stronger. We got to the birthing center and she was born 30 minutes later! She has been independent from birth! Ha!
She is truly a delight, sometimes a challenge, always adorable and very curious. We love her so much. She does pretty well fitting into the middle of our family. She likes to do things on her own, make snacks, cook with mom, and play with babies, playdough or outside. She adores her big sister and her baby brother. She loves going with Daddy to check the cows, but craves Mommy time too. She makes me laugh every single day.
Today we took cupcakes and party favors to school for her classmates. She was so cute asking each one if they wanted one and handing them out. We took her 4-year portraits last week, and I'm so glad we did as our weather has turned crazy-again! It was the last beautiful day we've had lately. She was finding our daffodils that were past their prime, but she loved smelling and holding them anyway. She stood in the yard looking out at the cows and talking about seeing Daddy working.
We're looking forward to celebrating tonight as a family and with the rest of the gang on Saturday. Happy Birthday Sweet Emma!
No comments:
Post a Comment