Friday, October 16, 2009

This week

So, life is really crazy, isn't it!? I know we're not the only busy folks out there. And really, we don't have that much going on. I think part of my blog hiatus has been that I'm trying to spend more time being in the moment, whatever moment that is, however fleeting it is, instead of capturing and trying to preserve the moment and blog about it. Sometimes you end up missing the moment. Does that make any sense? Anyway, moving on.

I realized that when both the girls were little I used to write in my journal a lot. I don't think I've written in it since J was born. I guess I thought keeping my blog was my journal and now I'm totally behind on that! I have printed off a calendar page for each month and have been keeping track of things that have happened. But, even though I have written stuff down, I can't seem to remember one day to the next. It's scary how fast my memory goes!! So, in an attempt to catch up a little, I'm journaling here again. Please bare with me.

I had a photo shoot on Monday-cute little 15 month old. We met at the local pumpkin patch for a quick session. The girls had ballet that night so after that I met Josh and swapped vehicles to head to my shoot then home again. I'm not on deadline this week (yeah!) so I have worked on things around the house, cleaning up, paying bills, etc. I am so thankful for the work I have, but also relieved when I have some downtime. I've been able to read to the girls when they ask, play with J during the day, keep things a little tidier (which also relieves stress). I can't function in a messy space. Tuesday evening we went to Josh's grandparents for dinner with his siblings and Mom. They had just moved to a new place, so it was nice to see it and get together.

Wednesday morning MJ woke up with a headache and a fever of 100.7. The school didn't want kids there with anything above 100. She was so bummed she had to stay home. She also missed religious ed that night and was so upset. It was hard for her to understand why she had to stay home, as she didn't have any other symptoms. But, Thursday morning she woke up with a temp of 102.7. I started her on Tylenol and she stayed home again. I took E to school and met a friend for our weekly fellowship time. MJ and J went to Carla's, as I had plans to be in Boise all day. My workshop was cancelled so I stayed at home and worked on editing photo shoots instead. After Emma got off the bus, I took her up to M&C's. The kids stayed there for awhile longer. C called later and MJ had developed a temp of 104.4 and was really tired. That was the sign we needed to get to the doctor. They tested her and she was positive for the flu. We did get a prescription for Tamiflu and she started on it. She developed a cough, but for the most part she feels fine. Her fever broke today. All the kids had the seasonal flu vaccine, so I am hoping that is what is helping her not have it too bad. Just praying the other two don't get it. She can't be in school until she's 24 hours with no fever without meds, so I'm hopeful she can go back on Monday.

Thursday night, Carla ended up taking Emma to Matt's football game. She said they had a great time. She hadn't been around E much without the rest of us or the other kids. Her personality really shines through when she's on her own. I've enjoyed having her home with me while MJ is at school because I do get to see her doing her own thing. I guess she talked the whole time and played with some friends. She didn't even fall asleep on the way home and was really wired when she got home. She was being really funny, so it took awhile to settle down, but I got some extra snuggle time with her since it was late and the other kids were already asleep.

We had some friends stop by today we don't get to see very often so that was really fun to have them visit. Bobby Jean and Piper brought some cattle over and picked a few up, so they came up to the house to see us. It was great to see them and for the girls to play. It was also a beautiful day outside (finally some fall weather).

No comments: