Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My day

Today was my birthday. I received many wonderful birthday wishes from family and friends both near and far. It was neat to hear from hometown and childhood friends, as well as those who are miles and miles away. And although I didn't get a lot of time to relax as many well-wishers told me to do, I still had a wonderful day.

My birthday gift to myself was actually attending a scrapbooking event last weekend. It was nice to catch up with friends and with our family books. I spent all of Saturday journaling about family events in 2006 I'd already scrapbooked. But I also feel energized to keep working on more albums. An aside: Friday night MJ and I worked on books together (we gave her one for her birthday). It was neat to see her pick out the paper and photos for each page. She then added her boxes to journal about each picture. Jayten stayed with Nana last weekend. His first overnight trip away from us and he did great. Josh was gone to a cattle sale all weekend. The girls had a fun time with our friend Shane who stayed with them Saturday. Sunday night we stopped by M&C's to visit and exchange bday gifts with Carla.

Another little gift was a night "in" with my girlfriends last night. I don't know what I'd do without these women in my life; they have been my rocks, as well as providing a source of laughter and joy as we roll through this journey of motherhood together. L, D, R and C-love you girls!

Yesterday and today, I got to babysit my sweet little niece. She's three months old and such a darling baby. And even though she shed some tears, she also had lots of smiles for her Aunt Maggie. I think she must have forgiven me for not knowing exactly what she needed when she needed it.

Today, I sat with E and she sang songs to me (Twinkle, Twinkle and Happy Birthday). It was absolutely precious. She wanted to be very helpful today with baby Mya. And even though I had cleaned up many messes before our day even really began this morning, I was grateful all day for the time I spent with my three-year-old.

I watched my baby boy move from the rocking chair to the end table by taking a few steps. Every time I look at him he beams me the biggest grin. It's awesome. I could stare at his chubby little face all day long.

I listened to MJ tell me about another great day at Kindergarten. She is so enthusiastic about school and I love to hear her share her excitement at the end of each day.

J and MJ went to town tonight and brought back dinner. They also surprised me with a Red Velvet cake, Chocolate Brownie ice cream and presents!

It was a great birthday. I can't think of any place I'd rather be than here with my family being a wife and a mother. Thank you God for my many blessings!

No comments: