Yesterday I uploaded tons of photos from the little camera so I'll have lots of posts soon, however today my computer won't connect to the Internet. (I'm using my folks' now but have no access to photos).
This morning as I was getting ready I was thinking about our trip to Kansas. We've had a great time and created many wonderful memories with my family (and my sis and I haven't even started our drive back yet with our five children!) Talk about a chance to create family memories! :) Whether we're all screaming, laughing or crying, it's a trip we'll remember.
As I was thinking about these last couple days we have here, I couldn't help but get a little sad. The kids and I spent the last few days up at my sister's (Josh flew back last Thursday). It was fun to be there at her house and hang out. I helped her rearrange her living room and hang stuff on the walls. I miss that I can't just run up there any time and help her out or that our kids can't play together more than once or twice a year. Don't get me wrong, I love our life in Idaho, but I am sad about all the things we miss by living so far away.
Last Monday we took the kids to the zoo, then did some shopping and finally hit the pool with my brother. It was great-we were the only ones there until the very end. Plus, the pool was designed really well. It's L-shaped going from 2 to 3 1/2 feet, so the girls could touch a lot. Then there is a deep end with a board. All the girls jumped off to Ry and I. They had a blast. We went back to his apartment and had some pizza before heading back to Lace's. It was hard to leave him as I don't know for sure when we'll get to see him again. Hopefully he'll make a trip to see us this fall when his work slows down. Otherwise it may be next summer again. Fortunately, we had gotten to hang out with him the first weekend we arrived. Josh and I went over to my aunt/uncle's to visit friends and listened to him tell stories! I forgot how funny he is; oh the adventures of a young, single guy.
Now when you're living the day to day, you don't really have time to stop and think about being sad, but this morning I had some extra time to think and ponder. As I said, I wouldn't change where we're at or what we're doing, but it's only natural to miss family and friends who are so far away from us. I am thankful my parents gave me roots and wings though. And I am thankful for Josh and the kids, as well as his family and our friends back home. Idaho has become my home too. It will be nice to get back and get into the routine again; however, my time here just feels too short, yet again. My grandma is planning a dinner tonight, so we'll get to see everyone one last time before we take off, so that will be nice.
Some of the fun things we've done here include:
-Jayten tried his first foods
-we went swimming at two different pools
-we went to a couple fairs
-we've gone for several walks
-the girls played with their cousins and lots of toys that were "new" to them
-we visited with my grandparents
-we took a large family photo (the last one was Dec 07 and we've added two babies since then)
-the girls played on a huge water slide in the backyard
-the girls played dress-up with more cousins and friends
-we went to the zoo
-we had lunch with a high school friend and her daughter
-we learned to appreciate the hot and "dry" summers of Idaho as opposed to the hot and "humid" summers of Kansas
-and much more
The girls are getting a little homesick. I don't blame them. They miss their daddy and so do I. Plus we have a new little niece/cousin to meet when we return. It will be great being back home, but for the next two days I'm going to keep enjoying the Sunflower state, my little hometown and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment