Emma is still a little pistol with a beautiful smile and tons of personality. She's asserting her independence and trying to do more things on her own. Potty training is going well. Slow, but we're getting there. I'm not big on pressure so I'm okay with it. She loves picking out her own clothes and trying to put them on. She loves babies and playing kitchen, with or without big sis.
Her speech therapist was put on bedrest and had an early baby (everyone is doing well though, thankfully), so she had a few weeks off before we started with a temporary gal. Last week was her first session with her. She did really well, saying many more new sounds and words. She talks all the time, but still hasn't mastered all of the beginning sounds so it's still a lot of babble. She's full of mischief and sweetness all at the same time. We'll probably move her to a big bed soon to give her time to adjust before the baby arrives. She says she's ready to have a big bed like sister, so we'll see.
Can't wait to see what this next little one is like. My next doctor's appointment is next week. I'll be 28 weeks. Everything has been great so far. Even with my third one, I am still amazed at the miracle of life. I enjoy feeling the kicks and movements; it's simply incredible to think there is another life growing inside of me.
It seems the month is already flying by already. We're looking forward to a relaxing holiday season. I'm trying to keep things low-key and keep the true meaning of the season our focus. I've had much more downtime from work and have felt I've had more time for all the little things that normally annoy me when my schedule is tight. Things like laundry, dishes and fixing dinner have been enjoyable because I am more relaxed. I have to keep telling myself that this life is so short and so precious so we need to enjoy all the moments we have. Hope you all are getting some time to enjoy this fall too.
2 comments:
Great to hear about what the kiddos are up to (all 3!). Children are such a gift. Almost daily I get teary-eyed thinking about my two blessings. I sure wish we lived closer so we could enjoy yours more, too! Hey - you know you need to kick this baby out and get on over to IL! It's your turn! :) Love ya!
I know, I know. I was actually thinking of a way to get back there to see all of you. I know the kids would have so much fun together and us too!
Post a Comment