Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Halloween Fun












Yes, I said Halloween! Finally, I have edited these to post. The girls had a lot of fun Halloween night. We went to Trunk-or-Treat at our friend's church. It's our annual tradition. In case you can't tell the girls are cats and J was Winnie the Pooh as a pumpkin. Before I put him in his costume he was a BSU fan, along with his Dad. :)

The previous night I had taken the girls to the PTO's Halloween carnival. It was a little chaotic-tons of kids running around in costume-but the girls had a great time. Emma was pretty quiet at first, looking around and taking it all in. She's like that at first, cautious while she checks things out. But, she soon figured it out. They had all sorts of different game booths. Both the girls were excited to have their own tickets to hand to the ticket takers at each booth. There was even a cake walk and a engraving station. Both were things I remembered from the carnival I attended as a child. It brought back some fun memories.

Mackenzie had sold the most raffle tickets in her class so she got some extra tickets. She was pretty proud of herself. I was proud of her too, not that I'm competitive, but she was so uninhibited when it came to selling tickets. She took them to church, asked people in the community and hit up her family. I am just not a sales person so to see her be so brave about it was neat. I hope this sounds okay; I feel silly writing it. But, I think it's fun when you see your kid do something you may have insecurities about. I guess I just have that fear of rejection about asking people for things and so far she doesn't. It's also fun to see life from a kid's perspective: she still gets excited about little things like selling raffle tickets for her school.

All in all it was a Happy Halloween!

No comments: