Friday, September 5, 2008

First day of preschool





















Well, I knew this day would come, and while it's wonderful and exciting, it also was a day that gave my heart pangs. My Mackenzie started preschool. And she loves it. Absolutely loves it. I knew she would and I'm so glad, but as I watched her meet her teacher, find her cubby, be introduced to new friends and begin playing dollhouse without a care that I was even there, I felt a few tears well up in my eyes. I am so glad she had a great day, but it's the mom in me that sees how she's growing up so fast that felt a little emotional that first morning. She's talked about preschool everyday since and wishes she could go every day. She's was even bummed it was the weekend and she'd have to wait four days to go back. She told me she met some new friends, listened to her teacher, practiced letters and sounds and learned how to spell "can." Their first project was making a couple of books to read. I love seeing how her face lights up when she tells me about her day. I can't believe how I have been so incredibly blessed with this little girl. She is such a delight. And while I'm sure I'll have many more teary moments as I watch her go from childhood through the stages of growing up, I am going to enjoy all the memories she's making. I realize each day is such a beautiful journey, a blessing that we can not take for granted and must live it to its fullest potential. I'm so glad I have both my girls to remind me of that and to keep me "living in the moment." 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Isn't it amazing how much kids teach us? I am feeling the same stuff - and we aren't to preschool quite yet! :) Love your heart - you are a good mommy!