I've actually always had a pretty good memory for numbers and such. When little J was marking off the day on his calendar this morning I mentioned it was Kansas' birthday. He said, "Well, we should have birthday cake for dessert tonight. You have to have birthday cake when you celebrate a birthday!" Oh I love that kid! (I also remember it's my cousin Coy's birthday—so I guess another reason to celebrate, ha!)
I have come to love the state of Idaho. In fact, I didn't realize how much I really love learning about history, but I can't get enough of it, especially after going through Idaho history last year when MJ was in 4th grade. And now that I'm working on the cattle history book, there is just so much cool stuff to learn from the past. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise though because I've always been sentimental and big into preserving memories.
I'm all about learning as much as I can about the state I reside in now, but I will never forget my home state of Kansas, especially western Kansas. I am a Kansas girl at heart. Wheat fields, sunflowers and beautiful sunsets will always remind me of my home. And you know I bleed purple...go Wildcats! It's been awhile since I've been in a Kansas wheat field; so glad I have these images to remember it!




No comments:
Post a Comment