On Saturday, we celebrated Josh's birthday with dinner at our house with his family. That morning the girls and I headed to the fair again to watch Mich and Matt compete in the round robin. Then, we came home and baked Josh's cake. He requested a white cake with raspberry filling so that's what we made. I also put a layer of whipped cream in it too. I covered it with a chocolate ganache which is just a fancy word for chocolate and cream heated together. MJ decorated it with Raspberry Almonds from M&M's Premiums. They are quite yummy. We also made homemade vanilla and chocolate ice cream. It's my grandma's recipe and definitely worth the effort. It brings back memories of home. After he opened his presents, Emma walked around "reading" his card that Mackenzie wrote for him. She just kept talking and showing everyone. I think he enjoyed his day and we had fun celebrating with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment